The Help Desk Technician (HDT) will deliver top-quality customer service to Nucentric Solutions’ clients remotely. The HDT will work with clients to clarify reported issues, perform initial diagnosis, and work on resolution. The HDT will work closely with the Systems Engineering team to make sure that client requests are resolved in a timely manner and clients are kept informed of progress and status of their requests. HDT will use Nucentric’s in-house enterprise tools for network device monitoring and centralized network asset management in delivery of managed services. The HDT will also assist the SE team with work helping prep hardware that is being pre-staged in the.
The HDT must demonstrate good resource and time management abilities as well as continual growth in their technical knowledge and skills. The HDT will be responsible for providing “Level 1” IT support. This includes support for desktops, Active Directory administration, and other general support requests.
The HDT will be responsible for accurately documenting all work both billable and non-billable associated with any internal work or work provided to Nucentric clients. The HDT will also be responsible for maintaining accurate and detailed technical documentation that pertains to the service tickets they’re working on. (Network diagrams, configuration documents, important user name/passwords, etc.).
Nucentric views communication with our clients as a vital part of customer satisfaction. Therefore, the HDT is expected to communicate to the customer all descriptions of work performed and on-going status of open issues each time he/she performs work of any kind on a client’s pc’s or software. This communication will be supported by regular written documentation of work performed in Nucentric’s issue tracking system.
The HDT will report to Nucentric’s office in Davidson during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Evening and weekend on-call rotation coverage is required.
This is a full-time position.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Windows desktop OS’s (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Intermediate knowledge of small business networking concepts is required (Active Directory, VPN’s, firewall, routers, TCP/IP, etc)
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Small Business Server 2003, 2008, 2011
- Completed industry training is a plus (MCSA, MCSE, MCP, CCNA, CCNP, A+, Net+, etc.)
- Previous experience supporting desktop pc users in a Help Desk role is preferred.
- Previous hands-on experience with small business networking is a plus.
- Employer paid health insurance
- Retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Cell phone allowance
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Vacation/Sick Leave)
- Monthly performance-based bonuses
- Annual company performance bonus
- Training benefit